WHAT ARE FOUNDATION GRANTS?
The 112 Education Foundation provides District 112 teachers annual Foundation Grants to support creative and innovative enrichment projects. Think of Foundation Grants as District 112’s Education Laboratory, an opportunity to explore ideas, methods and materials that will enhance student experiences in school. Teachers may apply for a grant individually or as a group.
In 2016-2017, the Foundation has funded more than $53,000 in creative and innovative grant programs (2016-17-foundation-grant-descriptions) in the NSSD112 schools benefiting hundreds of students. The Foundation has recently approved more nearly $30,000 in Grant programs for the 2017-18 year. We look forward to approving more grants for the school year during the fall grant process in October.
Click here for a video showcasing some of the amazing grant programs from 2015-16.
Teachers may apply for a grants individually or as a group, and teachers may apply for multiple grants. A committee of Foundation trustees, with assistance from district administrators, reviews each grant application. All applicants receive written notification regarding their grant request.
Our Grant Committee reviews applications submitted in October and April each year.
GRANT APPLICATION CRITERIA
- Specific, actionable, and measurable objectives
- Creative and innovative approach to learning
- Significant student impact
- Project supports interdisciplinary learning
- Reasonable and detailed budget proposal
- The Foundation is unable to compensate for teachers’ time or training.
- Funds for refreshments and/or parties are not permitted.
- Requests for resources readily available in school libraries or in District will not be considered.
- Only 1 Field Trip per school can be granted
- Technology (hardware and software) requests must be aligned with the District Technology Plan and Common Core Standards in addition to 112 PowerStandards. Please contact John Petzke, CTO with questions ( email@example.com )
PAST OPPORTUNITY GRANT WINNERS