Strategic Plan 2012-2015
112 Education Foundation Mission Statement: To enrich and enhance educational opportunities for all children in North Shore School District 112
112 Education Foundation Overarching Objectives: To support the NSSD 112 strategic goals that state:
- Every student will achieve personal academic excellence by demonstrating growth as measured by NSSD 112 standards and assessments
- Every child will understand and consistently demonstrate the character attributes of respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, caring, fairness and citizenship at school and in the community
112 Education Foundation Overarching Strategy: To align 112 Education Foundation priorities and programming with NSSD 112 strategic plan adopted in June 2010. The District’s seven strategic thrusts are listed below:
- Align curriculum and develop Power Standards and student assessments in all curricular areas.
- Ensure educators have the support necessary to utilize effective instructional strategies and interventions to inspire each student to grow to academic excellence.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure the sustainability of the district’s financial and human resources and their equitable distribution.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure facilities and technology infrastructure to achieve district mission and objectives.
- Develop a plan to unify community by improving understanding of the benefits of its rich diversity and engaging it as a critical partner in the education of our children.
- Create a learning environment that actively nurtures and engages students’ creativity, critical thought and intellectual curiosity.
- Model, integrate, recognize, reinforce and develop means to assess the character traits of responsibility, respect, fairness, caring, citizenship and trustworthiness throughout the district.
112 Education Foundation Specific Three Year Plans 2012-2015
112 Education Foundations Specific Three Year Plan: Goals, Strategies, and Proposed Tactics are listed below. The tactics are not comprehensive of all proposed or expected Foundation activity, but a representation of current plans currently staffed and proposed plans that require resource allocation (staff and/or funding). Note: Italic font represents proposed plans not currently approved and/or resourced.
The 112 Education Foundation priority goals for the next three years beginning with the 2012/2013 Foundation calendar year, align with the delivery our mission to enrich and enhance educational opportunities for all children in North Shore School District 112. They also align with the District’s strategic goals of inspiring students and supporting them towards their goal of personal academic excellence and personal character development.
|Advancing D112’s development of the “Classroom of the 21st Century”||
|Far-reaching exposure and student involvement in Fine Arts—Performing and Visual Arts||4. Continue to invest in the delivery of innovative Fine Arts education programs, including music, dance, choir, visual arts, and theater arts5. Seek new and nurture existing Fine Arts partnerships||
112 Education Foundation Specific Three Year Plans 2012-2015 Continued
|Increase community awareness of and mission understanding of 112 Education Foundation and its programming||
|Recognize and reinforce the character traits of responsibility, respect, fairness, caring, citizenship and trust-worthiness through the district||
|Insure fair and equitable distribution of enrichment and enhancement programming throughout D112.||
Note: Italic font represents proposed plans not currently approved and/or resourcedStrategic Plan 2012-2015Rev7-1